Hi All Pirates,
As you will be aware, as of midnight tonight the 3-day lockdown for Perth and Peel regions will end, moving into a period of interim restrictions from Tuesday 27th to 12:01 AM Saturday 1st of May.
These interim restrictions include the recommencement of community sport, which for us means a return to training this week!
Hockey WA have issued an update covering the requirements of returning to training at PHS. Please take the time to read the release and familiarise yourself with the requirements – https://www.hockeywa.org.au/news/hockey-wa-covid-19-update-260421/
The key takeaways are as follows:
- Wearing a mask when in public is mandatory, so masks should be worn to and from all training sessions. Coaches and Managers will need to wear masks for the duration of training sessions this week;
- Access to PHS and to all training sessions this week is strictly only for those attending as a participant – this means no spectators, including parents or partners are to attend;
- Strictly no sharing of water bottles and food at any time;
- Following all other hygiene requirements, including washing hands and using alcohol-based hand sanitiser;
- Maintaining social distancing of 1.5m at all times;
- Downloading and using the SafeWA App and signing in at all venues; and
- If you are unwell or have any symptoms, stay home and get tested.
Hockey WA will provide further guidance on the protocols for shared protective equipment such as penalty corner protective masks in due course. It is highly likely this will limit our ability to share and store masks in a common bag, so if you are a regular user of masks, it’s recommended that you look to purchase your own this week.
Curtin Sports have advised that outdoor bookings will go ahead this week, however use of the clubrooms will not be permitted this week.
Look forward to seeing everyone back on the turf this week, complying with the Hockey WA, Curtin and Government requirements.
If you have any questions with regard to the above, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with myself or your relevant coordinator.
We will be in touch later in the week to provide further updates with respect to the weekends fixtures.
Curtin University Hockey Club
0400 662 660