With the easing of lockdown conditions from 6PM Friday the 5th of February, community sports clubs are free to recommence training, albeit with some strict protocols in place. For the week 7-14th of Feb, for ALL CUHC training sessions:
- Wearing of a mask is mandatory for all on the way to and from training and when not undertaking “vigorous outdoor exercise’ – common sense will be applied. If you are catching your breath between sets, no need to put your mask back on etc. But anyone turning up to training without a mask WILL be turned away.
- You will be required to sign in to training using the SafeWA app (Curtin University based sessions) or via a manual register (Coode St) maintained by a club representative. Note: given the new rules and penalties regarding signing in to venues, it is not unreasonable to expect that the large majority of members will have the SafeWA app available. No doubt this will be required for access to PHS etc for all or part of this season.
- The 1.5m social distancing rule will be enforced and hand sanitiser will be provided by the club.
- There will be a GET IN, TRAIN, GET OUT philosophy this week. The bar at the Curtin clubrooms will not be opening and post session meetings etc will not be taking place.
- Training numbers across venues will be capped in line with the government advise. If you are thinking about attending a session, please RSVP prior to the session to the relevant coach or coordinator to ensure attendance numbers are understood and sessions can be planned accordingly.
We hope that these restrictions will only be in place for a short period, so thank members for their strict compliance.
For non-premier league players, expect some correspondence from your relevant coordinator regarding a formal commencement of pre-season training shortly.